25 January 2006

JUST WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS -- ANOTHER BLOG

The last thing the world needs is another blog that nobody ever reads. I just thought I'd get that out there, first off -- my fermented imagination won't let me believe for one moment that the semi-literate claptrap I cobble together within this "forum" will, in any way shape or form, provide anything positive to anybody, anywhere. And that applies, frankly, to 99% of all blogs as well. Let's be brutally honest here: personal blogs are little more than ridiculous, self-indulgent exercises in masturbatory excess. There's no reason to believe this one will be any different.

Well now, that's a fairly harsh and rather self-defeating way of launching this ... whatever the hell it is. You might ask yourself round about now, what's the point then? I would answer such a question this way: if there's no logical reason to waste time with such an endeavor as a blog, then there's also no logical reason not to. That makes sense to me, anyway, and it points directly at whatever philosophical foundation I'd fancy this thing might be built upon -- that is, that thinking people have an obligation to stand up, open their mouths, and say something about the impending demise of representative government and civil liberties in the United States of America. Even if it seems to make no sense and nobody is listening.

So you might say, with a reasonable amount of accuracy, that this is basically a "political" blog. True, its primary focus will be on the disaster being so relentlessly foisted on us by our fledgling Republican-corporate dictatorship, merrily assisted by their coterie of spineless Democratic enablers -- since it all pretty much trumps everything in sight and renders nearly every other concern pointless and irrelevant. But I can't promise not to veer off unexpectedly toward topical obscurity and into absurd digressions. That's just how my spongy, sodden brain happens to function. However, it matters very little because, as I said, nobody really ever reads these things.

At any rate, this monument to futility is designed to be nothing more than an incoherent collection of low-rent rants, disjointed babblings, sweeping over-generalizations, and uncompromising opining of the worst possible sort; fueled and aggravated by completely negative attitudes and excessive elbow-bending at a long series of bars and brew-pubs in and around the tiresome confines of Sacramento, California. Hence the title of this electronic travesty. In this sorry burg, many gallons of liquid courage are guzzled in the search for "truth" -- many a revolution gets hatched out of the fictional significance of an alcoholic stupor and a very long row of empty beer glasses. Given the grave uncertainties of our times, I'd probably be engaged in the questionable activity of trying to drink the town dry anyway ("erudition lubrication", I like to call it), so it's just as well I invite all of you in the 'sphere to join in the hopeless fun. But then, nobody pays any attention to these things, so ...

Oh shit -- I need a beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do like your page. Great job. I gotta go.